Preserving and Promoting Our Heritage
We love our heritage. It is one of our most prized possessions. Be it the legacy of Maharaja Ranjit Singh, the legendry king of Punjab, or the heritage of freedom fighter Bhagat Singh or the traditions of the Manganiyars of Rajasthan, we want to preserve and protect it. Hence, we initiated educational programmes in the areas where this heritage is situated.
- Manganiyar Lok Sangeet Sansthan The Spring Dale Educational Society supports the Manganiyar Lok Sangeet Sansthan, at village Hamira in Rajasthan, which was founded to train Manganiyar children in music and take forward their melodic legacy. The students of this institution are now known faces at various national and international level festivals.
- Shaheed Bhagat Singh Memorial Computer Education Centre As a tribute to the legacy of freedom fighter Bhagat Singh, who hailed from village Narli, district Tarn Taran, the place where our founders too have their roots, the Spring Dale Educational Society has established Shaheed Bhagat Singh Memorial Computer Education Centre there. The Centre is equipped with modern equipment and has well-qualified teachers provided by us.
- Maharaja Ranjit Singh Hockey Academy To bring the youth in border areas closer to the legacy of Maharaja Ranjit Singh and to promote hockey, the national sport of India, the Spring Dale Educational Society founded this academy to groom prospective hockey olympians.
These potential players...
- Are trained by national and international level coaches and have been integrated in main stream education while they are studying in Spring Dale Senior School.
- Provided with free books, stationery and study material to them.
- Have access to good diet, full access to infrastructural and IT facilities.
- Enjoy board and lodging facilities provided by Baba Gurdev Singh Mukh Sewak.
- Baba Bhila Singh Hockey Academy Founded in village Narli, the ancestral village of freedom fighter Bhagat Singh, Baba Bhila Singh Hockey Academy by late Dr Shivinder Singh Sandhu, this academy aims at promoting hockey as a popular sport among the rural youth. It is open to both girls and boys aspiring to master the sport. Not only does it help them gain access to good academic and sports training, but also helps them ward off vices as drug addiction and the diseases that go with it, thus helping them stay fit physically and mentally. Students of this academy have won laurels at the state level.
- Shaheed Bhagat Singh Gatka Academy Dedicated to the memory of freedom fighter Bhagat Singh, this academy too is situated at village Narli. It was founded with the exclusive aim of imparting training about Gatka, the traditional Sikh martial art to the students in rural areas to help them come closer to their roots and stay physically and emotionally fit.